EUR: Diageo names Eastern Europe head
Diageo has appointed a new general manager for Eastern Europe.
The drinks gant confirmed today (21 January) that Jane Ewing, the current manager of Diageo Benelux, assumed the newly-created position last week. As general manager for the region, Ewing will be responsible for leading Diageo's strategic agenda across more than 15 countries, and will report directy to Gilbert Ghostine, MD of Diageo Continental Europe.
Ewing joined Diageo as part of the Guinness-UDV merger, initially working in a number of sales and marketing roles including marketing director for Venture Markets and then for the Netherlands. In 2003, she moved to Budapest to become general manager for Hungary, Czech and Slovakia, before taking on the position of general manager for Benelux.
"Jane is a very talented and energetic leader whose experience and impressive track record will be of great value to our growing Eastern European business" said Ghostine. "She will bring a wealth of experience in driving growth to these high potential markets."
In addition to her new responsibilities, Ewing will continue to lead the Diageo Guinness Continental Europe business, based out of Brussels.
Details of who Ewing was replacing in the position were not immediately disclosed.
The entry of Diageo into the Irish whiskey market has further enlivened a sector already growing steadily thanks to the efforts of the other major global spirits force, Pernod Ricard. And a new report...
Diageo Australia is investing A$400,000 (US$328,000) in Johnnie Walker brand activity for Father's Day....
Diageo has increased the media spend for its Smirnoff vodka brand in the UK by 70%....
Heineken has poached a senior marketing executive from Diageo in the US....
Whyte & Mackay has declined to comment on reports that it is considering a move for Glenmorangie's Glen Moray Distillery....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news on V&S and A-B and cost pressures at Cott, whilst whisky dominated the spirits headlines....
Diageo has begun trialling two new vodka flavours in a select number of pubs and bars in the UK....
Global financial services firm UBS has downgraded its rating on Diageo to 'neutral' from 'buy', according to dealers....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- A-B InBev in China - just the Facts
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Vodka Market 2015-2019