UK: Diageo mulls Hong Kong market listing - report
Diageo is considering a listing on the Hong Kong stock exchange, according to reports
Diageo has declined to comment further on reports it is considering a listing on the Hong Kong stock exchange to help its expansion in Asia.
Paul Walsh, Diageo's chief executive admitted in an interview with the Sunday Telegraph over ther weekend that it was something the company was continuing to consider. Asked if the group had looked at listing on the Hong Kong stock exchange, Walsh replied: “Yes, there will have been some discussion documents provided.”
But, Walsh suggested a listing was some time off. The firm currently has listings on the London and New York stock exchanges.
When contacted by just-drinks today (11 June), a spokesperson for Diageo would not be drawn on the report, referring only to what Walsh told the Sunday Telegraph.
Last week Diageo announced it is investing GBP1bn (US1.55bn) in Scotch production over the next five years, as demand for its premium brands in emerging markets fuel expansion.
The London-headquartered company says it expects emerging markets to generate 50% of its total net sales by 2015.
Earlier today (5 December), Diageo hosted a briefing on its position in the vodka category. Here, just-drinks looks at the numbers for the sector as a whole, and Diageo's three global vodka brands....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages