UK: Diageo mulls Hong Kong market listing - report
Diageo is considering a listing on the Hong Kong stock exchange, according to reports
Diageo has declined to comment further on reports it is considering a listing on the Hong Kong stock exchange to help its expansion in Asia.
Paul Walsh, Diageo's chief executive admitted in an interview with the Sunday Telegraph over ther weekend that it was something the company was continuing to consider. Asked if the group had looked at listing on the Hong Kong stock exchange, Walsh replied: “Yes, there will have been some discussion documents provided.”
But, Walsh suggested a listing was some time off. The firm currently has listings on the London and New York stock exchanges.
When contacted by just-drinks today (11 June), a spokesperson for Diageo would not be drawn on the report, referring only to what Walsh told the Sunday Telegraph.
Last week Diageo announced it is investing GBP1bn (US1.55bn) in Scotch production over the next five years, as demand for its premium brands in emerging markets fuel expansion.
The London-headquartered company says it expects emerging markets to generate 50% of its total net sales by 2015.
Earlier today (5 December), Diageo hosted a briefing on its position in the vodka category. Here, just-drinks looks at the numbers for the sector as a whole, and Diageo's three global vodka brands....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015