UK/INDIA: Diageo moves closer to United Spirits takeover with new share approval
Diageo announced its deal with United Spirits last month
The 14.53m shares, valued at INR1,440 ($26.43) each, equal 10% of the share capital of United Spirits, Diageo said today (14 December). The allotment is conditional on issues including competition approval or clearance in India and elsewhere, Diageo said.
Last month, Diageo and United Spirits announced their INR111.7bn (US$2.05bn) deal, which will see Diageo take an eventual 53.4% stake in the Indian company. The deal is expected to complete by March.
It brought to an end a long period of media speculation over the deal, which had previously collapsed in 2009.
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research