UK/INDIA: Diageo moves closer to United Spirits takeover with new share approval
Diageo announced its deal with United Spirits last month
The 14.53m shares, valued at INR1,440 ($26.43) each, equal 10% of the share capital of United Spirits, Diageo said today (14 December). The allotment is conditional on issues including competition approval or clearance in India and elsewhere, Diageo said.
Last month, Diageo and United Spirits announced their INR111.7bn (US$2.05bn) deal, which will see Diageo take an eventual 53.4% stake in the Indian company. The deal is expected to complete by March.
It brought to an end a long period of media speculation over the deal, which had previously collapsed in 2009.
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review