UK/INDIA: Diageo moves closer to United Spirits takeover with new share approval
Diageo announced its deal with United Spirits last month
The 14.53m shares, valued at INR1,440 ($26.43) each, equal 10% of the share capital of United Spirits, Diageo said today (14 December). The allotment is conditional on issues including competition approval or clearance in India and elsewhere, Diageo said.
Last month, Diageo and United Spirits announced their INR111.7bn (US$2.05bn) deal, which will see Diageo take an eventual 53.4% stake in the Indian company. The deal is expected to complete by March.
It brought to an end a long period of media speculation over the deal, which had previously collapsed in 2009.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages