UK/INDIA: Diageo moves closer to United Spirits takeover with new share approval
Diageo announced its deal with United Spirits last month
The 14.53m shares, valued at INR1,440 ($26.43) each, equal 10% of the share capital of United Spirits, Diageo said today (14 December). The allotment is conditional on issues including competition approval or clearance in India and elsewhere, Diageo said.
Last month, Diageo and United Spirits announced their INR111.7bn (US$2.05bn) deal, which will see Diageo take an eventual 53.4% stake in the Indian company. The deal is expected to complete by March.
It brought to an end a long period of media speculation over the deal, which had previously collapsed in 2009.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research