US: Diageo, Moet-Hennessy in Nebraska deal
Diageo North America and Moet Hennessy have appointed Sterling Distributing Company as strategic distributor for their spirits and wines in Nebraska.
Sterling Distributing Company will continue to distribute brands such as Baileys, Crown Royal, Captain Morgan and the wines of the Chalone Wine Group, and from 13 June they will begin distributing additional Diageo brands including Smirnoff, Jose Cuervo, Johnnie Walker, Tanqueray, Beaulieu Vineyard and Sterling Vineyards wines. LVMH brands, including Moet & Chandon and Hennessy, will be integrated into the Sterling portfolio from the beginning of July.
"We chose Sterling Distributing Company based on their long-standing position in the marketplace and on the quality of their business proposal," said Ivan Menezes, president & CEO of Diageo North America. "As we look ahead, we are confident that they are well-positioned to help us realise the potential of the premium drinks business in Nebraska and we look forward to a very successful relationship."
Christophe Navarre, CEO of Moet Hennessy, said: "I am certain that Sterling Distributing Company will serve our brands very well. Based on our business needs in Nebraska, they were the best choice as the strategic distributors for our brands."
So far, Diageo has selected strategic distributors for 39 states and the District of Columbia, representing more than 80% of the company's US business.
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
Diageo is looking to change the image of one of its flagship brands in Colombia....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Allied Domecq and Pernod Ricard have both been downgraded....
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
E&J Gallo has announced a number of appointments within its European division....
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
Diageo is poised to cut back its presence in Germany, according to local reports....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends