US: Diageo, Moet Hennessy extend US agreements with Glazer's Distributors
The US units of Diageo and Moet Hennessy have extended their respective distribution agreements with Glazer's Distributors in two states in the country.
Glazer's will continue to act as the two companies' exclusive distributor in Texas and Louisiana, although no information was provided on how long the agreements have been extended for. The distribution firm has been the main distributor for both companies in the two states since 2002.
The two deals will result in improvements to the sales coverage as well as a simplified leadership structure within Glazer's teams representing both companies, Glazer's said yesterday (9 December). Resources and capabilities focused on the on-trade and innovation within the sales division have also been "enhanced".
Both companies said they were pleased with the agreements made. "Our new agreement with Glazer's in Texas and Louisiana provides significant benefits to both our companies," said Larry Schwartz, president of Diageo USA.
Jim Clerkin, president and CEO of Moet Hennessy USA, added: "With the additional support committed by Glazer's for our brands I am confident of continued growth and success to our mutual benefit."
What started yesterday (24 May) as a review of operations just in Europe for Diageo, has spread today to become a company-wide consideration of how to create "a more cost-effective organisation"....
Diageo's lack of presence in Cognac is a gaping chasm in its Asia-Pacific portfolio, but the drinks group is insistent that it has the tools for growth....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research