GLOBAL: Diageo makes US exec changes, appoints Tequila chief
Diageo has confirmed a shake-up of its executive team in North America, and the appointment of a global chief for its Tequila portfolio.
The company said yesterday (13 October) that Maggie Lapcewich, the current head of National Accounts in Diageo's US unit, will fill the newly-created position of president global Tequila.
Lapcewich will be responsible for all aspects of Diageo's global Tequila business from strategy to execution. She will continue to serve on the North America executive team, reporting to Larry Schwartz, president Diageo USA.
Lapcewich will assume the position from 15 November.
As a result of the appointment, Mark Hubler, currently president of Control States, will expand his role to president of Control States & National Accounts. Hubler, joined Diageo ten years ago, will also join the North America executive team.
He will report into Kevin O'Neil, who is appointed president, US Spirits, National Accounts & Sales Development.
"I would like to congratulate Maggie, Mark and Kevin on their new roles," said Ivan Menezes, president & CEO of Diageo North America. "I am confident these changes will further advance our global tequila and US total beverage alcohol business."
Diageo today reported a 6% drop in like-for-like global sales in its fiscal first quarter.
As Heineken CEO Jean-Francois Van Boxmeer last week hailed the opening of the firm's brewery with Diageo in South Africa as "a victory for consumer choice", it is clear that a new battle for supremacy...
Diageo is to hold a series of games for consumers in the US in order to promote its Jose Cuervo Tequila brand....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review