AUS: Diageo makes redundancies in innovation team as part of "fine-tuning"
The changes are part of a "fine-tuning" ahead of the next financial year
Diageo's Australian division has undergone a "fine-tuning" of its corporate struture with a number of redundancies in its innovation and sales teams.
The total number of staff affected is "less than 20", just-drinks understands, with some new roles being created and others being made redundant. A source close to the matter told just-drinks earlier today (9 July) that the changes represent a "fine-tuning" of Diageo's structure ahead of its next financial year.
Despite the changes, Tim Salt, Diageo Australia's MD said innovation would "continue to be a priority, and a source for business and category growth".
He added: "Our focus is on shaping the long term future of spirits and premix, and the structure of our innovation team reflects this.
"At the same time, we are focused on engaging with our customers to drive category growth. Innovation and continuing to drive our fast growing premium and super premium brands remain key to this.”
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
Hats off the Sunday Telegraph for breaking the story today (9 December) that Diageo has been sniffing around Beam Inc....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research