UK: Diageo lines up Wimbledon tie-up for Blossom Hill
The company confirmed today (30 May) that Blossom Hill will be the official wine of the tournament, which runs for two weeks in June. Blossom Hill Chardonnay, Merlot and White Zinfandel will be served at the championships in limited edition 18.75cl bottles, which in turn will be available through the on-trade.
"Research shows that consumers view Blossom Hill's deliciously fruity wines as high quality, whilst being vibrant, approachable and relaxed," said Carol Chan, brand manager for Blossom Hill at Percy Fox, which handles Blossom Hill in the UK. "The brand's fresh and fruity personality is therefore the ideal match for Wimbledon, with its prestigious reputation, yet synonymity with summer fun and vibrant atmosphere."
To support the move, a run of the 'Deliciously Fruity Wines' television adverts is planned for the UK during the summer, with a GBP1m (US$1.97m) spend behind it. In addition, Wimbledon-themed POS kits are being offered to the on-trade and a consumer PR campaign will support the activity.
Pernod Ricard is taking its Internet sales portal BarPremium, dedicated to top of the range products, into a number of French hypermarkets in the run-up to the festive season....
Speculation over the last year regarding the future of Vin & Sprit has failed to disrupt operations at the Swedish state-owned company, according to its CEO....
On just-drinks yesterday (14 November) we ran a story with the headline 'Corby Distilleries net profit takes battering in Q1'....
Diageo has launched its Guinness Surger unit in the US....
The privatisation of Swedish state-owned alcohol concern Vin & Sprit has been brought forward as an indirect result of the US sub-prime mortgage crisis, Swedish media has reported....
Corby Distilleries has posted a severe slide in net profit for its first quarter....
Diageo has refused to be drawn on whether or not it is eyeing a stake in the Indian spirits giant United Spirits....
Diageo is in discussion with the organisers of the 2012 London Olympics over a £85m sponsorship deal, a report in the UK press has said....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India