UK: Diageo lines up US Singleton Scotch extension
Diageo has lined up an addition to its Singleton line of Scotch whiskies for the US.
The company's classic malts unit yesterday (2 April) unveiled The Singleton of Glendullan, a 12-year-old single malt which will initially be available in New Jersey and Illinois, and in selected travel retail outlets in the country. The Scotch will eventually be rolled out across the rest of the US, Diageo said.
The Glendullan whisky joins The Singleton of Glen Ord, which was launched in Asian markets from June last year, and The Singleton of Dufftown launched in UK travel retail in August.
"The three single malt Scotch whiskies in The Singleton family share an elegant stylish presentation and a rich, smooth, balanced flavour," said Nicholas Morgan, marketing director of Diageo's Classic Malts Selection. "They all have the credentials to attract new drinkers to enjoy single malt Scotch whisky."
The Scotch will be available to taste at Whisky Live in New York tomorrow, and at WhiskyFest in Chicago at the end of next week, and will be available to buy in the country at a suggested retail price of US$35.99.
The Scotch whisky category is booming globally thanks to demand in Asia and the BRIC countries, particularly for blends, but mature markets in Europe are proving more sluggish. In this month's Just th...
Acquisitions have transformed CL Financial from the owner of one very famous but small-scale bitters brand into a player on the world spirits stage. Having recently shored up two contrasting acquisiti...
It takes a brave man to question the assumptions of a business that, to all intents and purposes, is riding the crest of a wave, but that is what happened in Scotland this month, Chris Brook-Carter re...
Subsidy schemes paying European Union (EU) farmers to leave land fallow have been suspended today (26 September), following concerns about potential grain shortages and high input prices for drinks pr...
Davide Campari-Milano is hoping to feed off scraps from the potential sale of Vin & Sprit, according to a recent interview....
Diageo has completed the first stage in its Scotch whisky investment programme....
Diageo has announced changes to its board of directors....
Global drinks force Diageo is backing the "We Don't Serve Teens" campaign, aimed at reducing teen access to alcohol, as it rolls out in Arizona....
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Martell's CEO & chairman, Philippe Guettat
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Beam Suntory defeats 'handmade' lawsuit
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets