GLOBAL: Diageo lines up Smirnoff brand director switch
The new global brand director for Smirnoff will take over the role next month
The company said earlier today (9 September) that Simon Burch, who assumed the position three years ago, will be replaced by the current marketing & innovation director for Diageo in Australia, Matt Bruhn. Burch is leaving the company “to pursue other opportunities”, Diageo said, without detailing further.
Prior to his role in Australia, Burch was VP of marketing for Diageo Canada, before moving in 2008 to become, senior VP of vodka, rum & Tequila brands at Diageo North America.
Bruhn, who has been with Diageo since 2004, will start in the Smirnoff role on 1 October and will report in to the firm's head of premium core brands, David Gates.
In Diageo's latest fiscal year, the company's vodka stable posted flat sales in volume terms but rose by 5% in value. Smirnoff delivered a 4% rise in net sales in the 12 months to the end of June.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
It is almost six months until Scotland decides. Will the country vote for independence from the UK on 18 September? Ian Buxton has a few thoughts on the matter, and he's surprised that the Scotch whis...
"The Future of the Wine Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and co...
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report