GLOBAL: Diageo lines up Smirnoff brand director switch
The new global brand director for Smirnoff will take over the role next month
The company said earlier today (9 September) that Simon Burch, who assumed the position three years ago, will be replaced by the current marketing & innovation director for Diageo in Australia, Matt Bruhn. Burch is leaving the company “to pursue other opportunities”, Diageo said, without detailing further.
Prior to his role in Australia, Burch was VP of marketing for Diageo Canada, before moving in 2008 to become, senior VP of vodka, rum & Tequila brands at Diageo North America.
Bruhn, who has been with Diageo since 2004, will start in the Smirnoff role on 1 October and will report in to the firm's head of premium core brands, David Gates.
In Diageo's latest fiscal year, the company's vodka stable posted flat sales in volume terms but rose by 5% in value. Smirnoff delivered a 4% rise in net sales in the 12 months to the end of June.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
"The Future of the Wine Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and co...
It is almost six months until Scotland decides. Will the country vote for independence from the UK on 18 September? Ian Buxton has a few thoughts on the matter, and he's surprised that the Scotch whis...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research