GLOBAL: Diageo lines up Smirnoff brand director switch
The new global brand director for Smirnoff will take over the role next month
The company said earlier today (9 September) that Simon Burch, who assumed the position three years ago, will be replaced by the current marketing & innovation director for Diageo in Australia, Matt Bruhn. Burch is leaving the company “to pursue other opportunities”, Diageo said, without detailing further.
Prior to his role in Australia, Burch was VP of marketing for Diageo Canada, before moving in 2008 to become, senior VP of vodka, rum & Tequila brands at Diageo North America.
Bruhn, who has been with Diageo since 2004, will start in the Smirnoff role on 1 October and will report in to the firm's head of premium core brands, David Gates.
In Diageo's latest fiscal year, the company's vodka stable posted flat sales in volume terms but rose by 5% in value. Smirnoff delivered a 4% rise in net sales in the 12 months to the end of June.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The world’s leading spirits producer, Diageo also ranks 23rd in the global wine market. This profile analyses the role of wine in the company’s wide-ranging alcoholic drinks operations, considering op...
It is almost six months until Scotland decides. Will the country vote for independence from the UK on 18 September? Ian Buxton has a few thoughts on the matter, and he's surprised that the Scotch whis...
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
"The Future of the Wine Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and co...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018