UK: Diageo lines up new strategy director
Diageo's CEO Paul Walsh is to retire
Diageo has lined up a replacement for a long-standing member of its executive committee, who is set to retire.
Diageo Asia Pacific finance director Anna Manz will take over from group strategy director Jim Grover on 1 July, Diageo said yesterday (22 May). Grover, who also gives up his committee seat to Manz, will step down on 30 September.
Diageo CEO Paul Walsh, who will himself retire this summer, said: “Jim has served on the executive committee of Diageo since 1997 and has played a major role in this business for more than 20 years. I am very grateful to him for his commitment to our brands, values and our people over his long and successful career with Diageo.”
Manz joined Diageo in 1999 and has held roles including finance VP and Diageo North America group treasurer.
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
The final death count of Typhoon Haiyan, which hit the Philippines last week, is still a long way from being known. The relief effort is well underway, however, and drinks companies are among those th...
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
Diageo has launched a powerful new anti-drink driving film, tied to its Johnnie Walker brand. ...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report