UK: Diageo lines up new strategy director
Diageo's CEO Paul Walsh is to retire
Diageo has lined up a replacement for a long-standing member of its executive committee, who is set to retire.
Diageo Asia Pacific finance director Anna Manz will take over from group strategy director Jim Grover on 1 July, Diageo said yesterday (22 May). Grover, who also gives up his committee seat to Manz, will step down on 30 September.
Diageo CEO Paul Walsh, who will himself retire this summer, said: “Jim has served on the executive committee of Diageo since 1997 and has played a major role in this business for more than 20 years. I am very grateful to him for his commitment to our brands, values and our people over his long and successful career with Diageo.”
Manz joined Diageo in 1999 and has held roles including finance VP and Diageo North America group treasurer.
The final death count of Typhoon Haiyan, which hit the Philippines last week, is still a long way from being known. The relief effort is well underway, however, and drinks companies are among those th...
Diageo has launched a powerful new anti-drink driving film, tied to its Johnnie Walker brand. ...
Jose Cuervo is giving a major push to its namesake Tequila brand in the UK, after a similar campaign in the US earlier this year. ...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research