GLOBAL: Diageo lines up Mirror Man campaign for J&B
The promotional push, known as 'Start a Party', begins at the Kanyon complex in Istanbul this Friday (29 June), the company said today (27 June). The campaign sees the introduction of a character known as 'Mirrorball Man', and will run in 20 countries over the next 12 months.
"The new character will feature strongly at the J&B parties dispensing tips for enjoying the evening and acting as a mouthpiece for the brand's responsible drinking message," Diageo said.
Earlier this year, the global brand director for J&B told just-drinks that the upcoming campaign will attempt to help the brand achieve the global "credibility" it has in its largest market, Spain.
"There is no doubt that we will look for the campaign to accelerate J&B's growth outside of Spain," Nik Keane said. "It will then be behind informing whatever we do in Spain, on which there will be more news to follow."
China's entry into the WTO has been a catalyst for further growth in imported spirits but the likes of Diageo and Pernod Ricard are not the only ones eyeing the growth potential. Counterfeiters are al...
Carlsberg has played down reports that it has backed out of the auction for Vin & Sprit....
While it may be acceptable for people to be a little vague about their age, Chris Losh believes loose terminology about age on bottles of wine or spirits is deliberately misleading consumers, and shou...
The new rules covering spirits in the European Union have come into effect this week, with the change being described by one trade body as "a good compromise"....
Carlsberg has admitted that it is "considering" its position on the pending auction of Vin & Sprit....
India's UB Group is looking to buy the US distribution rights for Dalmore Single Malt from Beam Global Spirits & Wine, according to local reports....
William Grant & Sons has created an exclusive expression of The Balvenie malt whisky for France's biggest airport retailer, Aelia....
Diageo has hit back at criticism that its responsible drinking campaign, currently running on UK television, is actually glamourising excessive drinking....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research