UK: Diageo lines up head office closure
Diageo is consolidating its office presence in London, with the proposed closure of its flagship site in the city.
The UK-based company confirmed today (23 March) that it intends to close its office in the centre of the capital, with a view to moving its operations into another site it currently has to the west of the city.
Last month, Diageo said that it is set to introduce a cost savings programme across the organisation from 1 July, in the hope of saving up to GBP100m (US$142m) annually.
"The savings will come from costs of goods sold and overheads - which include running costs, facilities and employees - and contributions to these savings will come from most parts of the business around the world," the company said today.
"As part of this plan, Diageo is currently consulting with its London-based staff on a proposal to move to a single London operation, based in our existing purpose built office in Park Royal."
The company said it is subsequently targeting the end of this year for the closure of its site in Henrietta Place, just off Oxford Street in the city.
Yesterday (27 August), Diageo reported its full-year results. Although the company managed to hit its full-year guidance, the group's warning that this year will be tough suggests that Diageo has its ...
Diageo has fought a successful public relations rearguard action to shut the door on alternatives to its proposed job cuts in Scotland....
Diageo is trialling a mid-strength version of its Guinness beer in the UK, in response to calls for drinks with a lower alcohol content....
See the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Whyte & Mackay, the Scotch whisky group owned by India's United Spirits, may cut its deal to supply bulk Scotch whisky to Diageo in favour of more lucrative contracts with smaller distillers....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has filed a lawsuit against Diageo North America, accusing it of copying the red wax seal used on Maker's Mark Bourbon bottles for Diageo's Jose Cuervo Reserva Tequila....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
With the news yesterday (9 September) that Diageo is to press ahead with plans to move production of Johnnie Walker from its home in Kilmarnock with the loss of around 10% of its workforce in Scotland...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research