AUSTRALIA: Diageo lines up Bundaberg limited edition
Diageo has lined up the rollout of a limited edition variant from its Bundaberg stable in Australia.
The company's Australian unit confirmed today (18 September) that Bundaberg 101 will launch in the country next month, targeting the festive season. Specific details of the size of the limited edition run were not immediately available.
Bundaberg 101 has been created to commemorate a fire that destroyed the Bundaberg distillery in 1907. Included in the gift box for the rum is a reproduction of the story covering the fire that ran in the Bundaberg and Burnett Mail on 8 February, 1907.
The launch will be supported by in-store materials, including bottle glorifiers, A3 head cards, wobblers and bottle neck tags.
The limited edition will retail in the Australian off-trade for AUD49.99 (US$39.60) per 70cl bottle.
Recent results suggest all spirits companies are feeling the effects of the downturn but some are better equipped for long-term growth than others. Jeremy Cunnington of Euromonitor International asses...
Pernod Ricard has announced the launch of a Brazilian rum variant of its multiple spirit-category Seagram's brand in the US....
Rémy Cointreau has lined up the launch of an extension of its Mount Gay rum brand for later this month....
Two UK drinks containing vodka are being forced to re-brand following a complaint under the Portman Group's code of practice....
Australia's 70% take hike on ready-to-drink alcoholic beverages, or 'alcopops', hangs in the balance as the country's Senate prepares for a key vote on the issue....
Whyte & Mackay has declined to comment on reports that it could be sold by its parent company in the coming months....
Asif Adil, managing director of Diageo India, has left the company and will be replaced by Roland Abella, the drinks giant has said....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Comment - Will the Sweetener Battle turn Sour?
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Coca-Cola Co promotes North America chief
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets