EUROPE: Diageo lines up biggest ever Baileys push
Diageo has unveiled its largest consumer promotion so far for its Baileys Original Irish Cream brand in Europe.
The company said today (10 September) that the push, dubbed Baileys Million Moments of Pleasure, will hit the Spanish, UK, Italian, German and Russian markets this month.
Baileys consumers in the five markets will be able to register online at www.baileysmillion.com and win gourmet coffee machines, ice cream makers, blenders, boxes of truffles, cocktail makers and other gifts for home entertaining as well as a free download from R&B musician John Legend.
Baileys originally teamed up with Legend last year, when the brand sponsored his US tour.
"Building relationships with consumers in the digital space is one of the most important marketing vehicles for our brands," said Rob Malcom, Diageo's president of global marketing, sales and innovation. "Our experience and capabilities in this area have grown substantially over the last few years with brands such as Baileys, Smirnoff, Guinness and Johnnie Walker leading the way. The Baileys Million Moments of Pleasure is a great example of where we see our digital marketing going in the future - a ground-breaking campaign which will really connect with our consumers online."
The campaign aims to engage 5m consumers in claiming their 'moment of pleasure', the company noted.
Diageo's acquisition of Bushmills Irish Whiskey from Pernod Ricard in 2005 heralded a major change for the brand. As Shivaun Lucey, global brand director, Bushmills, stresses in this month's Just the ...
The binge-drinking debate is once again grabbing the headlines in the UK, as supermarket chains look to react to widespread criticism over the discounting of alcohol. Chris Losh believes the drinks in...
Recent deals by both Diageo and Edrington underline the growth potential major spirits companies see in the premium rum market. Jessica Harvey examines the latest moves in the context of a growing and...
Diageo, Heineken and Namibia Breweries have created a "paper company" joint venture for their drinks units in South Africa....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Polish vodka company Grupa Sobieski has sealed a multi-year marketing deal with US venues Madison Square Garden and Radio City Music Hall....
The proposed acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle by joint bidders Heineken and Carlsberg has raised anti-trust issue concerns following a referral from the Irish Competition Authority to the European ...
Diageo has launched two additional flavours to its Smirnoff vodka portfolio in the US....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends