UK: Diageo launches US$1bn bond
Diageo, the world's leading alcoholic drinks group, has launched and priced a $1bn, fixed rate bond.
The long 5-year, Dollar denominated bond has been issued under Diageo's US Debt Issuance Programme, the firm announced yesterday (20 October).
It said that proceeds from the bond, which is not due until 15 January 2014, would be used for "general corporate purposes".
The move is a sign that Diageo is looking to increase stability in the wake of a global financial crisis.
The issuer of the bond is Diageo Capital Plc, with payment of principal and interest fully guaranteed by Diageo plc.
Champagne and Cognac group Rémy Cointreau watched its full-year sales slip by 11.6% this week as demand for premium alcohol continued to drop. Michelle Russell assesses the group's prospects....
Reluctance by wholesalers and distributors to order in fresh stock, for fear that consumers will not buy, is proving to be the weak spot in drinks companies' handling of the economic downturn in early...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Bacardi has declined to comment on a report that it is interested in acquiring a stake in Indian spirits firm Radico Khaitan....
Diageo is to launch a limited edition Guinness for the US market to mark the beer's 250th anniversary....
Diageo has declined to comment on speculation linking the drinks giant to a possible move for Brown-Forman....
United Spirits, the division of Vijay Mallya's UB Group, has reported a 20% rise in volume sales for its fiscal full-year....
Pernod Ricard has confirmed an agreement with Kirin Holdings over the Japanese company's stake in the French firm....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends