US: Diageo launches Tanqueray “celebrity” blog
Tanqueray goes interactive
Drinks giant Diageo has launched a blog for its Tanqueray gin brand that will include musings from celebrities in the film, fashion, music and art world.
WeResistSimple.com launched late last week and will feature blog posts from a panel of celebrities discussing various subjects “from film and family to nightlife and politics”, the drinks firm said.
Bloggers include actor Hill Harper, film maker Pete Chatmon, music video director Vashtie, fashion designer Dao-Yi Chow and photographer Jonathan Mannion.
“Just as Tanqueray is a gin chosen by people who embrace extraordinary things in life, WeResistSimple.com will serve as the ultimate portal for people to consume thought-provoking content from those who choose to stray from that which is predictable in their everyday lifestyle,” said Bill Topf, vice president of marketing for Tanqueray.
The bloggers, with their diverse backgrounds, will provide “exclusive insight” into their lives, Diageo said.
Last summer Diageo launched its first global advertising campaign for Tanqueray gin together with a new-look bottle design in a bid to drive a resurgence in the gin market.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China