MEXICO: Diageo launches Scotch whisky festival
Diageo is planning Scotch whisky festival in Mexico as part of the country's celebration this year of 200 years of independence from Spain.
Diageo has launched the Whisky Festival in Mexico this month. Several companies have tied their promotions in Mexico this year to the independence anniversary.
Diageo will host food and drink evening events to publicise some of its and Scotland's best-known whisky brands, including Johnnie Walker, Buchanan's, Old Parr, Vat 69, Black & White and J&B. The initiative is supported by the British Embassy in Mexico.
The event's slogan will read: "Celebrating life every day, everywhere, with a glass of Scotch whisky." As part of the event, Diaego has set up the whiskyfestival.com website and will raffle four trips to Scotland.
Diageo's results last week spelt out one strong message, as far as M&A nut Richard Woodard is concerned. Let's watch him clap his hands and jump up and down as he tells us what he heard....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research