GLOBAL: Diageo launches responsible drinking site
Diageo has launched a website designed to promote responsible drinking globally.
Drinkiq.com is a resource for people to share programmes and tools designed to "fight alcohol misuse and help individuals make responsible choices about drinking", the company said today (23 September).
Drinks firms across the globe, from Sydney to New York, are under pressure to show they are actively helping to curb alcohol misuse.
"There are many valuable initiatives that exist to address the issue of alcohol abuse, and drinkiq.com supports these efforts by showcasing them to the community and connecting them with like-minded individuals and groups," said Carolyn Panzer, Diageo's global director for alcohol and responsibility.
Visitors to the site can post their own information, as well as view videos featuring alcohol experts and information on how to responsibly host events and parties.
The website also features The Responsibility Channel - an online community where consumers, parents, teachers, government officials, retailers and others can post and share videos and programmes they have found effective in addressing alcohol-related issues.
The controversial Australian 'alcopops' tax has been defeated by the country's Senate this week. Michelle Russell looks at the fallout....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has successfully defended its Stella Artois advert campaign in the UK, following an official complaint to the country's advertising watchdog....
Vina Concha y Toro has secured a national distribution deal in its home market of Chile with Diageo's unit in the country, according to local reports....
The Distilled Spirits Industry Council of Australia (DSICA) has followed Foster's Group in pledging to donate any tax refunds they receive in the country to DrinkWise Australia....
The European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD) has released new guidance for drinks companies in the region, covering marketing on the Internet, as well as digital and mobile communications....
Australia's Foster's Group has said it intends to donate its refund from the country's collapsed RTD tax hike to alcohol and health initiatives....
Australia's tax hike on RTDs lays in tatters today (18 March), after a vote on the increase in the country's Senate....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research