UK: Diageo launches responsible drinking quest
Diageo Great Britain is looking to unveil what it claims to be the first fully integrated national responsible drinking campaign by a drinks company in the country this week.
The company said today (7 November) that the campaign, entitled 'The Choice is Yours', will premiere on UK television tomorrow and has been designed to "complement the Government's responsible drinking activity this winter". Diageo added that the campaign should "ensure a sustained responsible drinking message reaches consumers in the lead up to the festive season".
To illustrate this, the initiative has been timed to air in the four weeks flanked by last month's Department of Health 'Know Your Limits' advertising and next month's Department of Transport's anti-drink driving campaign, and will be supported by outdoor, print advertising and the digital launch of the website, www.thechoiceisyours.com.
Diageo GB managing director, Benet Slay, said: "This campaign underlines Diageo GB's commitment to work in partnership with the Government and all our stakeholders to promote responsible drinking. We will continue to invest and look at new ways to reach consumers with this message so they are in a position to make informed choices when enjoying our brands."
The campaign builds on the company's recent responsible drinking television advertising that ran in May. Evaluation results have shown that responsible drinking advertising is an effective way of raising awareness, with Diageo claiming that 80% of people who viewed the adverts said they made them question their drinking habits, and 66% said they would reconsider how they drink in future.
Increased excise on pre-mixed spirits in Australia is expected to boost beer sales for Foster's and Lion Nathan....
Purple Beverage Co. has appointed a former Red Bull North America national accounts manager to take on the same role within the antioxidant beverage company....
Scotch whisky export value and volume reached record levels last year, according to industry figures released today (30 April)....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Diageo has reopened a bond, while launching another, to raise funds for "general corporate purposes"....
The head of India's UB Group has warned that the ongoing struggle against higher taxes on imported spirits into the country cannot be resolved through the World Trade Organisation....
The European Union has made a plea to the alcoholic drinks industry to stop targeting young people and minors in marketing campaigns....
India has been warned that it must ensure "non-discriminatory tax treatment" for foreign spirits companies, or face a fresh complaint to the World Trade Organisation....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future