UK: Diageo launches responsible drinking campaign
Diageo Northern Ireland has launched a campaign to promote responsible drinking in the lead up to Christmas.
Based on the idea that drinking too much has a negative impact on evenings out, this campaign builds on 'The Choice is Yours' campaign of 2007, Diageo said yesterday (10 November).
The poster ads show the image of someone drinking and having a great time with friends on a night out. However, the posters also show how drinking irresponsibly can ruin a night out, emphasising that "everyone has a choice".
The campaign will be displayed at prominent sites in towns, villages and cities across Northern Ireland.
The move was announced on the same day that an influential body of MPs in London called for minimum drinks prices, strict limits on promotions and a new mandatory code of practice for the industry, in order to tackle alcohol-related harm.
Diageo's outdoor activity in Northern Ireland is part of a global programme to combat alcohol misuse, and one of a series of initiatives that Diageo is announcing to communicate with consumers the need to drink responsibly.
"Diageo is committed to changing attitude and behaviour towards irresponsible drinking," said Allison Offor, head of corporate relations for Diageo Northern Ireland. She add that Diageo was "leading industry initiatives to bring about change."
As owner of some of the world's most successful alcohol brands, Diageo clearly recognises the importance of innovation. Olly Wehring spoke with Syl Saller, global innovations director at Diageo, about...
Already battling the recession, those attending next week's Tax Free World Association (TFWA) Asia Pacific Exhibition are nervously watching developments in the swine flu outbreak, remembering the adv...
Concerns over health and drink-driving are fostering growth in the low- and non-alcohol beer categories. Spiros Malandrakis, drinks analyst at Euromonitor International, assesses the progress and pote...
SABMiller will follow up the launch of a brewery in Southern Sudan by opening another three breweries across Africa in 2009, in recognition of the continent's potential as a beer market....
Diageo has reported a slide in organic like-for-like sales in its latest quarter, but has reiterated its forecast of operating profit growth for the full-year....
Asia Pacific Breweries has reported a slight lift in profits, despite slowing sales in its second quarter....
Foster's Group has extended its PET offering for the Wolf Blass Green Label wine brand in its domestic market....
Central European Distribution Corporation has posted a dip in sales for the first quarter of this year, with net profit turning into a loss for the period....
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World