SPAIN: Diageo launches responsible drinking campaign
Diageo is set to launch a €1.5m marketing communications campaign to promote responsible alcohol consumption in Spain this Christmas.
The effort will see the company deploy 72 work groups or "commandos" to inform youngsters about the ill consequences of excessive drinking, and provide them with public-transport information in their cities, a company official told just-drinks.
The initiative will also feature radio, print and online advertising. It will be launched next week and finish after the Three Kings holiday.
Diageo will tout its best-selling J&B whisky in the campaign, which will target youths in Madrid, Barcelona, Seville and Valencia.
Diageo launched a similar initiative last year, but this year's effort is broader in scope, the official said, adding that local governments will collaborate with the campaign.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Diageo is to launch a national advertising campaign for its gin band Tanqueray in the US....
Diageo is looking to change the image of one of its flagship brands in Colombia....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
Diageo is poised to cut back its presence in Germany, according to local reports....
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part III: Soft Drinks
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018