UK: Diageo launches Red Stripe "stubby" bottle in UK
Click through to view an image of the product
Diageo is rolling-out the “stubby” bottle version of its Jamaican lager brand Red Stripe into the UK.
The 300ml bottle, available now, is exclusive to the on-trade, with a RRP of GBP2.79, the company said today (19 July). The "stubby" bottle is already available in Jamaica, the US and Sweden.
Claire Prat, Red Stripe's GB brand manager claimed the stubby bottle offers “a real point of difference”. “The beer category is currently worth GBP2.5bn in the (UK) on-trade and we expect this new launch to drive sales and build our distribution,” she added.
The launch will be backed by digital marketing, PR and point-of-sale materials, the company said.
Eyebrows rose earlier this week at the US$16bn that Suntory is set to pay for Beam Inc. At 20 times the company's EBITDA, the transaction is at the more expensive end of the scale. Here, courtesy of a...
The rate of consolidation in the spirits category is markedly slower than that of many consumer industries. So, could the news this week that Suntory is set to buy Beam Inc trigger a wave of M&A? Past...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research