US: Diageo launches NZ Sauvignon Blanc
Diageo has launched a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc into the US market.
Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines, the UK-based group's wine arm, has rolled out the Newhaven 2006 Sauvignon Blanc nationwide. The wine, from New Zealand's Marlborough region, will retail for around US$11.99.
Sauvignon Blanc accounts for almost 80% of New Zealand wine exports to the US and more than 80% of consumption, Diageo said yesterday (7 February).
"Only a few places in the world can define varietal character as well as Marlborough does for Sauvignon Blanc," said Diageo Chateau & Estate winemaker Bob Masyczek.
The launch of Newhaven follows Diageo's launch of Archetype Vineyards - Shiraz wines from Australia's Barossa - in the US last year.
Pernod Ricard's annual results briefing last week suggested the company has consigned the Allied Domecq deal to history. No more talk of bedding down and integration. The emphasis was firmly on the fu...
Terms like heritage, authenticity and personality can be seen as the building-blocks of brand image, but to establish an instant connection with consumers these attributes have to be captured visually...
Diageo has confirmed the timing of the launch of its domestic wines in India....
The Boston Beer Company is to buy a brewery from Diageo in the US....
Radico Khaitan has posted a slight dip in net profit for its latest quarter....
Spirits imports into China posted dramatic gains in 2006, rising by 36.5% to 3.5m nine-litre cases, according to the latest findings from The IWSR Drinks Record....
Diageo has secured distribution of its Blossom Hill wine range in India....
Diageo GB plans to launch an integrated marketing campaign for its Smirnoff vodka brand that aims to be the largest ever....
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director