UK: Diageo launches new mixers in on-trade
Diageo Great Britain has recently set-up Hatch, a new marketing and sales business focused on nurturing new innovations as it attempts to break through into the on-trade market.
In a statement, Mark Taylor, managing director for Hatch at Diageo GB said: "In the UK, there has been a consumer shift from the on-trade to the off-trade over the past few years. As a result, the on-trade are looking for new products and experiences for their consumers. By combining the focus and flexibility of a small business with the added resource of Diageo's on-trade and innovation expertise, we believe that Hatch is uniquely positioned to nurture and grow these new innovations."
The first innovation to be launched through Hatch is 23, a range of three premium juice drinks. The name of the new brand stems from the fact that the earth tilts at an angle of 23 degrees.
Each variant of 23 has been designed to mix with specific spirits and enhance the flavour of the mixed drink. It comes in three varieties - Green, Red and Blue. 23 Green is a crisp blend with sharp Mexican limes and a subtle note of cactus, while 23 Red balances the flavours of satonishiki cherries and Japanese ume plums. 23 Blue is a dry blend with the cool refreshing juice of bilberries, the traditional berries of Iceland.
All varieties blend with vodka, but 23 Green can be mixed with gin, white or spiced rum, 23 Blue with gin or fruit schnapps, and 23 Red with dark spirits like bourbon.
"Current mixers have been around for decades, but peoples' tastes are more experimental today," Taylor added. "In 23, we have created a line of versatile mixers that enhance the taste of spirits and give people more choice for mixed drinks."
Hatch has launched 23 to help invigorate the spirits category in the on-trade by offering a range of mixers that provide consumers with more choice in mixed spirits drinks. All 23 mixers became available from the end of September in selected high-end bars.
All three drinks come in 150ml bottles, and will have a recommended retail price of £1.70 each.
The launch of 23 will be supported by advertising, PR and sampling, along with bespoke marketing activity for on-trade outlets selling the products.
Diageo is to launch a national advertising campaign for its gin band Tanqueray in the US....
Diageo is looking to change the image of one of its flagship brands in Colombia....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Allied Domecq and Pernod Ricard have both been downgraded....
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
E&J Gallo has announced a number of appointments within its European division....
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
Diageo is poised to cut back its presence in Germany, according to local reports....
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- The global tailwinds behind Heineken - Analysis
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends