CANADA: Diageo launches new Johnnie Walker blends in Canada
Diageo hopes to capitalise on upgrade trends in Canada
Johnnie Walker Platinum Label and Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve, which were lined up for global roll-outs earlier this year, are now available in Canada, Diageo announced yesterday (11 October). The company said the launch aims to capture the Canadian market's fresh demand for premium whisky blends.
“There is a clear trend among Canadians today upgrading to premium whisky blends,” said Johnnie Walker marketing director David Allard. “This trend has driven the Scotch category up by 5%, which is expected to increase even further with the launch of super and ultra premium Scotch whiskies.”
Johnnie Walker Platinum Label will sell for CAD149.95 (US$153) per bottle, while the Gold Label Reserve, also launched in March, has a CAD79.95 price tag.
Earlier this month, Johnnie Walker retained its position as the number one brand on the IWSR/just-drinks Performance Brands rankings.
Reports today claiming that Diageo's public offer to up its stake in United Spirits is doomed to failure should be taken in some sort of context....
Drinks companies stand to benefit as the global travel retail market continues to expand, buoyed by millions of new passengers from developing economies, according to a new just-drinks/IWSR report....
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends