GLOBAL: Diageo launches new Arthur's Day Guinness ad
This weekend sees the fourth St Arthur's Day being celebrated
Diageo has unveiled a Guinnness TV advert to launch the brand's fourth annual Arthur's Day celebrations.
The new ad, ‘Paint The Town Black’, which can be viewed below, was previewed on the brand's Facebook page yesterday (16 August) and will have its global TV debut in Ireland this Sunday.
“We wanted to create an advert that brought to life the remarkable spirit of Arthur’s Day and encouraged people from around the world to be a part of the annual celebrations by raising a toast to the man behind our iconic pint, Arthur Guinness," said Chris Wooff, Guinness' senior brand manager.
Arthur's Day was launched by Diageo in 2009 to celebrate the 250th anniversary of the Guinness brewing company. It takes place this year on September 27.
Although it is being trumpeted as the next big thing, gin has not bounced back as much as spirits companies claim. Chris Mercer looks at the figures and asks, when does the revival kick in?...
The international scope of the Scotch whisky sector and its strong growth in emerging markets has allowed the market to continue growing in spite of the global downturn. However, as a new just-drinks/...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head