UK: Diageo launches mobile Smirnoff campaign
Through the pioneering mobile service, which is available via the mobile internet at http://mobile.smirnoff.com, viewers "will be taken on an interactive journey to celebrate and become immersed in Smirnoff's iconic Russian heritage", according to Diageo.
The company added that the "groundbreaking" global mobile platform would "bring the world of Smirnoff to the palm of the consumer's hand through leading-edge technology".
The mobile initiative includes a raft of features and content developed specifically for consumers on the move, including a 'Nightlife Guide', where consumers can choose from a selection of UK bars and a 'Pocket Bartender', providing them with a collection of Smirnoff Signature cocktails. Consumers will also be able to view Smirnoff's brand new TV commercial via the phone.
"We are very excited by this initiative," said Michelle Klein, global digital marketing director for Smirnoff. "The mobile platform presents consumers with an unexpected and original way to engage with the Smirnoff brand".
Following the launch in the UK, the platform will be rolled out in India.
Chris Lock, marketing manager for Smirnoff GB, added: "Smirnoff in GB is leading the way in the implementation of this exciting new strand of digital marketing, bringing the brand into constant contact with its most loyal target consumers. Smirnoff stands for being clearly original, and the application of this new technology is a perfect demonstration of living up to these values."
Last week, Diageo North America launched a multi-million dollar ad campaign for the Smirnoff Source brand which will feature online interactive elements.
China's entry into the WTO has been a catalyst for further growth in imported spirits but the likes of Diageo and Pernod Ricard are not the only ones eyeing the growth potential. Counterfeiters are al...
Carlsberg has played down reports that it has backed out of the auction for Vin & Sprit....
Carlsberg has admitted that it is "considering" its position on the pending auction of Vin & Sprit....
Diageo has hit back at criticism that its responsible drinking campaign, currently running on UK television, is actually glamourising excessive drinking....
Diageo has unveiled an extension of its Bushmills Irish whiskey stable, to coincide with the first global advertising campiagn for the brand....
Diageo North America is offering a special gift option for the Johnnie Walker Blue Label ultra-premium Scotch whisky brand, which will allow consumers to have a custom engraving on the bottles....
The Swedish government has decided to sell Vin & Sprit by auction, with cash appearing to be the deciding factor....
Pernod Ricard has kept quiet over speculation that it plans to buy a Ukrainian vodka brand....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review