US: Diageo launches Ketel One campaign
Diageo and the Nolet family have launched a US$12m advert campaign across the US for the Dutch premium vodka Ketel One.
Using the slogan, "Gentlemen. This is Vodka", the campaign marks Ketel One's first foray into national television adverts, which will air alongside out-of-home and digital ads.
Created by Grey Worldwide, the campaign is targeted at men and emphasises the brand's premium credentials with an upper class setting.
The campaign launched in the US on 15 May, with broadcast spots on networks including ESPN, Comedy Central and The Discovery Channel. Digital advertising will have a wide reach through hulu, MSN and The New York Times, while customised out-of-home ads will be executed in major metropolitan cities including New York City, Los Angeles, Miami and Chicago.
In February 2008, Diageo and Ketel One owner, the Nolet family, agreed to form a new 50/50 company that would own the exclusive global rights to sell, market and distribute the vodka. Diageo paid US$900m for a 50% stake in Ketel One, which was first distilled in the Netherlands 300 years ago.
Analysts and investors raised a toast to SABMiller's half-year results yesterday (19 November), despite a 26% drop in pre-tax profits, reports Michelle Russell....
Fortune Brands, owner of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, expects to increase the proportion of its sales from outside of the US, group chief financial officer Craig Omtvedt has told an investor conference...
SABMiller plans to launch a new super-premium beer brand in the UK, where it has overtaken Diageo as the country's largest drinks company by market value....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Diageo India's head offices have been visited by customs and revenue officials in the country....
SABMiller, the global brewer, is to release an update on trading in its fiscal half-year on Thursday (19 November)....
French drinks group Belvédère is in negotiations with several potential candidates over the sale of its Marie Brizard business, which produces William Peel Scotch whisky....
Wirtz Beverage Group has created a company-wide training and development position....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research