UK: Diageo launches Johnnie Walker fraud detector
The technology, already in use in China but being rolled out worldwide from this month, produces a permanent gold band at the top of the bottle neck once the product has been opened - allowing suppliers and customers to spot bottles that have been re-filled.
Diageo is known throughout the whisky industry for taking a pro-active approach to fighting fraud.
A spokesperson for the group said the new technology was "a preventative measure rather than a reaction to a massive problem with fraud".
Tax hikes have taken centre stage in discussions between the alcohol industry and several national and state governments around the world over the last year. Michelle Russell reports on a global trend...
Fortune Brands chief executive Bruce Carbonari has said he remains confident that the group's spirits arm, Beam Global Spirits & Wine, can ride out recession, despite a tumble in sales and profit....
Drinks industry body the Portman Group has leapt to the defence of former chief executive Baroness Coussins over her active role in shaping drinks labelling legislation in the House of Lords....
Maxxium is gearing up for a flurry of activity for The Famous Grouse around this year's Six Nations rugby tournament....
Whyte & Mackay is investing GBP2m (US$2.9m) into a marketing campaign to support Premier League Darts in the UK....
Children aged under 15 should never be given alcohol, is the message from the UK's chief medical officer....
Diageo has begun building a GBP65m bioenergy facility designed to supply the majority of electricity and steam needs at the drinks giant's Cameronbridge Distillery....
Diageo has confirmed that "discussions" with India's UB Group are ongoing....
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Coca-Cola Co apologises over Fanta ad
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future