AFRICA: Diageo launches Guinness ad campaign
Guinness demand rising in Africa
Diageo said today (14 December) that its ad campaign, named 'The Ticket', will be aired on television, broadcast on radio on printed on billboards in Nigeria, Cameroon, Kenya, Uganda and Ghana, as well as parts of West Africa. It will also be visible on Facebook.
Guinness net sales rose by 11% in Africa in Diageo's last fiscal year, to the end of June 2011. The new advert, which was filmed in Nigeria, is designed to help the firm to capitalise on ongoing strong potential for beer in several countries across the continent.
In the last six years, Diageo's net sales in Africa have doubled, to GBP1.3bn (US$2bn). In an interview with just-drinks earlier this year, Diageo's CEO, Paul Walsh, described Africa as "a jewel".
Diageo confirmed yesterday (6 June) that it will invest heavily in its Scotch whisky production capabilities going forward....
This month, Pete Brown, fervent Twitterer, looks at the social media site and considers how the brewing world is talking to its consumers. If they're talking at all....
An Edinburgh whisky distillery part-owned by Diageo and The Edrington Group has been closed down after an outbreak of Legionnaires' disease in the city, according to reports. ...
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- Japan and the global soft drinks race
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report