AFRICA: Diageo launches Guinness ad campaign
Guinness demand rising in Africa
Diageo said today (14 December) that its ad campaign, named 'The Ticket', will be aired on television, broadcast on radio on printed on billboards in Nigeria, Cameroon, Kenya, Uganda and Ghana, as well as parts of West Africa. It will also be visible on Facebook.
Guinness net sales rose by 11% in Africa in Diageo's last fiscal year, to the end of June 2011. The new advert, which was filmed in Nigeria, is designed to help the firm to capitalise on ongoing strong potential for beer in several countries across the continent.
In the last six years, Diageo's net sales in Africa have doubled, to GBP1.3bn (US$2bn). In an interview with just-drinks earlier this year, Diageo's CEO, Paul Walsh, described Africa as "a jewel".
Diageo confirmed yesterday (6 June) that it will invest heavily in its Scotch whisky production capabilities going forward....
This month, Pete Brown, fervent Twitterer, looks at the social media site and considers how the brewing world is talking to its consumers. If they're talking at all....
An Edinburgh whisky distillery part-owned by Diageo and The Edrington Group has been closed down after an outbreak of Legionnaires' disease in the city, according to reports. ...
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends