UK: Diageo launches global ads for Smirnoff Ice
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV.
The adverts will feature a character called Uri, and the world he lives in and his pride and joy, his refrigerator.
Kathryn Barlow, senior brand manager for Smirnoff Ice at Diageo Great Britain said: "In Uri, we believe we've created a unique character who will capture the imagination of our main audience, 18 to 24 year-old men. Uri is a fan of Smirnoff Ice. He has a unique take on life, something he shares with a charm and wit that our main audience will really respond to.
"These consumers don't want to be sold to," said Barlow, "it's about engaging them in a way that doesn't try too hard". To this end the campaign has been executed in a 'mockumentary' style to bring to life Uri's fresh and distinctive world.
"The 'Uri' creative will run through everything we do on Smirnoff Ice, which will incorporate activity on radio, outdoor, bus-sides, online, pr, and a new range of PoS.
"Uri's website, www.uriplanet.com, will also launch in mid-April with content reflecting his range of interests, bringing him into the homes of those who want to see more. We're also working on a experiental event which will see Uri's back garden being brought to this country, to host a massive snowball fight in the middle of summer!"
The campaign is supported by launch media spend of £4m in Great Britain over the next three months.
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
Pernod Ricard is looking to acquire Allied Domecq....
Allied Domecq and Pernod Ricard have both been downgraded....
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
E&J Gallo has announced a number of appointments within its European division....
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
Diageo is poised to cut back its presence in Germany, according to local reports....
Diageo North America has poached a senior executive from General Motors....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review