AFRICA: Diageo launches fresh Guinness push - video
The ‘Made of Black’ initiative, part of a global Guinness campaign called ‘Made of More’, will also include digital, outdoor, radio and print advertising. It kicked off yesterday (27 August) with a five-hour takeover of TV station MTV Base, which included the premiere of the ad, stunts and guest musical appearances.
The campaign promotes the idea that ‘black’ is “not a colour, it’s a way of life” and “represents the best of Africa”.
Total spend on the campaign was not disclosed. Asked about the length of the campaign, a Diageo spokesperson said it will run "over the course of the coming year".
Guinness sales in the US and UK suffered in Diageo’s last set of full-year results, reported last month. However, CEO Ivan Menezes said he was “encouraged” by the trends for Guinness in Africa.
In the US, Menezes admitted the stout brand had suffered from the rise of craft beer. A new US ad for Guinness was launched last month.
Beer Market in Africa to 2017: Market Guide
Canadean’s, "Beer Market in Africa to 2017: Market Guide" provides in-depth detail on the trends and drivers of the Beer market in Africa. The quantitative data in the report (historic and forecast co...read more
Canadean's "GUINNESS NIGERIA PLC - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and ...
Synopsis Canadean's "Guinness Anchor Berhad : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profi...
Diageo plc - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings and...
Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review