INDIA: Diageo launches domestically-produced wine
"We are proud to present Nilaya which is a bold, unique and interesting wine meant for a contemporary India," said managing director for Diageo India Asif Adil.
The wine is produced at three wineries in Nashik, Maharashtra Valley and will be available in four varieties, Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Shiraz Rose and Shiraz Cabernet.
Diageo recently tied-up with retail giants Reliance Fresh and Shoprite Hyper to distribute its wines portfolio and is also negotiating a partnership with the Aditya Birla retail venture, More, to sell its wines across the country.
Diageo India also plans to launch its first locally-produced beer to build up its market share in India. "We are studying the market options to manufacture beer in the country," Adil said.
Increased excise on pre-mixed spirits in Australia is expected to boost beer sales for Foster's and Lion Nathan....
Purple Beverage Co. has appointed a former Red Bull North America national accounts manager to take on the same role within the antioxidant beverage company....
Scotch whisky export value and volume reached record levels last year, according to industry figures released today (30 April)....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Diageo has reopened a bond, while launching another, to raise funds for "general corporate purposes"....
The head of India's UB Group has warned that the ongoing struggle against higher taxes on imported spirits into the country cannot be resolved through the World Trade Organisation....
The European Union has made a plea to the alcoholic drinks industry to stop targeting young people and minors in marketing campaigns....
India has been warned that it must ensure "non-discriminatory tax treatment" for foreign spirits companies, or face a fresh complaint to the World Trade Organisation....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China