INDIA: Diageo launches domestically-produced wine
"We are proud to present Nilaya which is a bold, unique and interesting wine meant for a contemporary India," said managing director for Diageo India Asif Adil.
The wine is produced at three wineries in Nashik, Maharashtra Valley and will be available in four varieties, Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Shiraz Rose and Shiraz Cabernet.
Diageo recently tied-up with retail giants Reliance Fresh and Shoprite Hyper to distribute its wines portfolio and is also negotiating a partnership with the Aditya Birla retail venture, More, to sell its wines across the country.
Diageo India also plans to launch its first locally-produced beer to build up its market share in India. "We are studying the market options to manufacture beer in the country," Adil said.
Increased excise on pre-mixed spirits in Australia is expected to boost beer sales for Foster's and Lion Nathan....
Purple Beverage Co. has appointed a former Red Bull North America national accounts manager to take on the same role within the antioxidant beverage company....
Scotch whisky export value and volume reached record levels last year, according to industry figures released today (30 April)....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Diageo has reopened a bond, while launching another, to raise funds for "general corporate purposes"....
The head of India's UB Group has warned that the ongoing struggle against higher taxes on imported spirits into the country cannot be resolved through the World Trade Organisation....
The European Union has made a plea to the alcoholic drinks industry to stop targeting young people and minors in marketing campaigns....
India has been warned that it must ensure "non-discriminatory tax treatment" for foreign spirits companies, or face a fresh complaint to the World Trade Organisation....
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts