UK: Diageo launches Cardhu extension
The company confirmed yesterday (11 October) that Cardhu Special Cask Reserve will be available from this month in Spain and Portugal. The addition will join the 12-year-old Cardhu Single Malt Scotch on the two markets.
"Spain is the lead market for Cardhu where it is the leading brand in the single malt sector by an arm and a leg," Nick Morgan, marketing director for Diageo's Classic Malts Selection, told just-drinks. "With the exception of one very limited edition 22-year-old Cardhu, we haven't given Cardhu drinkers in the country anything else to explore the range. The decision to launch Special Cask Reserve is about giving loyal Cardhu consumers something else to try."
"We're hoping to make the brand appear more contemporary than it might have seemed a few years ago," Morgan added.
Depending on the Scotch's success in Spain, Morgan noted that Diageo will consider rolling it out in France and Greece next year.
In spite of the news that the Indian government has once again eschewed tariff reform, Richard Woodard sees plenty of export growth potential for Scotch whisky, both in emerging and established market...
Diageo plans to extend the coverage of one of its Singleton Scotch whiskies into Europe....
Diageo has lined up an addition to its Singleton line of Scotch whiskies for the US....
Diageo has launched flagship rum brand Captain Morgan in India....
Sweden's Finance Ministry has confirmed that an official close to the planned privatisation of V&S Group has resigned....
SABMiller has displayed no let up in the battle to wrest back its share of South Africa's premium beer category with the launch of an upmarket brand....
Diageo has admitted that it is under investigation from the South Korean government but has refuted claims that the probe concerns tax evasion....
Diageo has signed a deal that will see its Irish business only use electricity from renewable energy sources....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research