UK: Diageo launches biggest ever Smirnoff campaign
The company said today (30 July) that it has invested GBP5m (US$10.1m) in the campaign, called 'Sea', and will run it online with immediate effect, followed by a cinema and television push next month.
The unit aims to further increase consumer awareness of the quality and purity credentials of Smirnoff, as well as to drive growth of the vodka category.
Diageo GB Smirnoff senior manager Julie Bramham, said: "Historically the creative campaigns that have been used to promote Smirnoff have helped build the brand to its market leading position. With 'Sea', we've found a new and innovative way to highlight the extraordinary lengths it (Smirnoff) goes through to achieve its purity. We're confident the campaign will assist licensees to further benefit from the Smirnoff sales opportunity."
The UK unit is investing an additional GBP500,000 in point-of-sale, which will include a training CD that demonstrates Smirnoff serves, as well as branded ice buckets, bar runners, posters and drip mats.
Marketing spirits as constituents in new or popular cocktails has been a feature of the spirits category for years. And the growing emphasis on attracting younger consumers has meant the cocktail has ...
Warnings of a looming economic crisis are causing jitters in many consumer markets, and the drinks industry is no exception. Chris Losh assesses the mood among key players in the US, the UK and elsew...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The auction for Vin & Sprit has begun, according to reports....
Britvic has appointed EMAP's chief marketing officer as its marketing director....
Blosson Hill has announced plans to launch its draft wine font to the UK on-trade in March....
Pernod Ricard has refused to be drawn on whether it has submitted a preliminary bid for Vin & Sprit....
The Swedish authorities have warned that the current turbulence on global markets could slow the sale of Vin & Sprit....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research