SWEDEN: Diageo launches Baileys Coffee in Sweden
Diageo has launched its Baileys Coffee liqueur in Sweden.
The coffee-flavoured version of Baileys has launched in Sweden this month via state-owned alcohol retailer Systembolaget, a Diageo spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks yesterday (5 October).
The move marks the latest expansion for Baileys Coffee, which was initially launched in the duty free category in April 2008.
"Sweden is a coffee-loving country - consuming over 150 litres of coffee per person per year," said the Diageo spokesperson. "We are convinced that a coffee flavour from the country's favourite cream liqueur will be a winning combination."
As Heineken CEO Jean-Francois Van Boxmeer last week hailed the opening of the firm's brewery with Diageo in South Africa as "a victory for consumer choice", it is clear that a new battle for supremacy...
Diageo is to hold a series of games for consumers in the US in order to promote its Jose Cuervo Tequila brand....
Diageo and Heineken last week officially opened a brewery in South Africa as part of a joint venture. Here are some facts on the ZAR3.5bn (US$473m) brewery....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report