UK: Diageo launches $1.5bn of bonds
Diageo is looking to raise US$1.5bn through a series of bond issues, aimed at refinancing the company's expiring debt.
The bonds are being issued in three tranches: US$300m of long 5-year bonds, US$600m of 10-year, and US$600m of 30-year SEC registered securities.
The 5-year bond pays a coupon of 5.125% and is due in 2012; the 10-year bond pays a coupon of 5.5%, and is due in 2016, while the 30-year bond pays at 5.875% and is due in 2036.
Payment of principal and interest are fully guaranteed by Diageo.
Riding the twin waves of a booming premium spirits market and growth in Tequila, The Patrón Spirits Company has made great strides in a short space of time. In this month's Just the Answer interview, ...
Economic growth and rising personal incomes in the Asia Pacific region may make it an exciting growth area for international brands but the potential for international spirits varies considerably from...
India's UB Group is close to finally sealing the takeover of UK distiller Whyte & Mackay, just-drinks understands. UB, headed by Indian billionaire Vijay Mallya, has pursued Whyte & Mackay since start...
Global spirits force Diageo has launched a lime-infused version of its premium gin Tanqueray in the US....
V&S Group is mulling whether to launch a television push behind flagship vodka Absolut in the UK....
Diageo has appointed a new head for its business in South Korea....
The global brand director for J&B hopes the upcoming GBP10m (US$19.2m) push behind the Scotch whisky brand will help it achieve the global "credibility" it has in Spain, its largest market....
An Irish company is set to launch what it describes as "the world's first super-premium cream liqueur"....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends