RUSSIA: Diageo kicks off Shark Tooth rum production in Russia
Diageo is accelerating its expansion into Russia's rum market with the launch of a domestically-produced version of value brand Shark Tooth.
The spirit, which was released last month, is being manufactured for Diageo by Russia’s Ladoga Group with an abv of 40%. At RUB430 (US$13.40) per 50cl bottle, the price-point is significantly lower than its main competitors Bacardi and Pernod Ricard’s Havana Club.
According to Diageo, Shark Tooth will target the country's growing middle class.
The Shark Tooth brand name has previously been limited to a vodka, which Diageo launched in India in 2006.
Bacardi’s position as the world’s 12th biggest wine company by volume is based almost entirely on its Martini vermouth and other sparkling wine brand variants. With these products focused in the matur...
People do like to get offended, don't they? I mean, how many times a week do we see a "Twitter storm" or "launches petition" headline?...
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research