RUSSIA: Diageo kicks off Shark Tooth rum production in Russia
Diageo is accelerating its expansion into Russia's rum market with the launch of a domestically-produced version of value brand Shark Tooth.
The spirit, which was released last month, is being manufactured for Diageo by Russia’s Ladoga Group with an abv of 40%. At RUB430 (US$13.40) per 50cl bottle, the price-point is significantly lower than its main competitors Bacardi and Pernod Ricard’s Havana Club.
According to Diageo, Shark Tooth will target the country's growing middle class.
The Shark Tooth brand name has previously been limited to a vodka, which Diageo launched in India in 2006.
People do like to get offended, don't they? I mean, how many times a week do we see a "Twitter storm" or "launches petition" headline?...
Tequila brand Agave Underground is expanding to Canada after signing a distribution deal with Glazer's. ...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research