RUSSIA: Diageo kicks off Shark Tooth rum production in Russia
Diageo is accelerating its expansion into Russia's rum market with the launch of a domestically-produced version of value brand Shark Tooth.
The spirit, which was released last month, is being manufactured for Diageo by Russia’s Ladoga Group with an abv of 40%. At RUB430 (US$13.40) per 50cl bottle, the price-point is significantly lower than its main competitors Bacardi and Pernod Ricard’s Havana Club.
According to Diageo, Shark Tooth will target the country's growing middle class.
The Shark Tooth brand name has previously been limited to a vodka, which Diageo launched in India in 2006.
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
People do like to get offended, don't they? I mean, how many times a week do we see a "Twitter storm" or "launches petition" headline?...
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
Over the last 10 years RTD's as a category may not have grown at anywhere near the level it did between 1998 and 2003 but it has, nevertheless enjoyed steady global growth. This reality flies in the f...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Stagnant wine growth a concern for Constellation
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Chateau Bastor-Lamontagne's So Sauternes
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads