RUSSIA: Diageo kicks off Shark Tooth rum production in Russia
Diageo is accelerating its expansion into Russia's rum market with the launch of a domestically-produced version of value brand Shark Tooth.
The spirit, which was released last month, is being manufactured for Diageo by Russia’s Ladoga Group with an abv of 40%. At RUB430 (US$13.40) per 50cl bottle, the price-point is significantly lower than its main competitors Bacardi and Pernod Ricard’s Havana Club.
According to Diageo, Shark Tooth will target the country's growing middle class.
The Shark Tooth brand name has previously been limited to a vodka, which Diageo launched in India in 2006.
People do like to get offended, don't they? I mean, how many times a week do we see a "Twitter storm" or "launches petition" headline?...
Tequila brand Agave Underground is expanding to Canada after signing a distribution deal with Glazer's. ...
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- Winners & losers of AB InBev's SABMiller takeover
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report