RUSSIA: Diageo kicks off Shark Tooth rum production in Russia
Diageo is accelerating its expansion into Russia's rum market with the launch of a domestically-produced version of value brand Shark Tooth.
The spirit, which was released last month, is being manufactured for Diageo by Russia’s Ladoga Group with an abv of 40%. At RUB430 (US$13.40) per 50cl bottle, the price-point is significantly lower than its main competitors Bacardi and Pernod Ricard’s Havana Club.
According to Diageo, Shark Tooth will target the country's growing middle class.
The Shark Tooth brand name has previously been limited to a vodka, which Diageo launched in India in 2006.
People do like to get offended, don't they? I mean, how many times a week do we see a "Twitter storm" or "launches petition" headline?...
Tequila brand Agave Underground is expanding to Canada after signing a distribution deal with Glazer's. ...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends