UK: Diageo issues bonds for “general corporate” fund raising
Diageo has issued two separate bonds.
The company said yesterday (23 October) that it has launched and priced US$500m of long five-year and $1bn of ten-year SEC-registered securities. The five-year bond is due in January 2013, and pays a coupon of 5.2%. The ten-year bond, meanwhile, is due in October 2017, and pays a coupon of 5.75%, the company said.
The two bonds were issued by Diageo Capital, with Diageo itself guaranteeing payment of principal and interest.
Citi, Banc of America Securities and Morgan Stanley were joint book-running managers, while RBS Greenwich Capital and HSBC were co-managers.
"Proceeds from this issuance will be used for general corporate purposes," Diageo concluded.
The head of India's UB Group has warned that the ongoing struggle against higher taxes on imported spirits into the country cannot be resolved through the World Trade Organisation....
The European Union has made a plea to the alcoholic drinks industry to stop targeting young people and minors in marketing campaigns....
India has been warned that it must ensure "non-discriminatory tax treatment" for foreign spirits companies, or face a fresh complaint to the World Trade Organisation....
The recent budget hike on spirits in the UK could lead to "unintended consequences", the Scotch Whisky Association has warned....
This year's World Whiskies Conference kicked off today (15 April) with the double header of Diageo CEO and SWA chairman Paul Walsh and Vijay Mallya, chairman of India's UB Group. As was expected it wa...
Well's & Young has launched a television sponsorship campaign for the Red Stripe beer brand with a cult Channel 4 music show in the UK....
CL WorldBrands has announced the appointment of Brian Woods to the position of senior marketing manager for rum....
Diageo has distanced itself from musical artists who "glorify violence" in Jamaica....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- This week in spirits & wine
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts