AUS: Diageo invests in Guinness push for St Patrick’s Day
The company said today (6 February) that, throughout next month, over 50,000 Guinness-branded hats will be given out to consumers in 800 venues across Australia in an effort to drive consumer awareness.
"Outdoor banners and Guinness branded t-shirts for bar staff in supporting venues, as well as high visibility display materials," will also feature as part of the St Patrick's Day investment, the company said.
Diageo Australia's group marketing manager for Guinness Jonathan Curnow said: "St Patrick's Day is the most important day of the year for Ireland's favourite stout and the trade can expect to see increased brand visibility and activity leading up to the day and continuing for the remainder of March. St Patrick's Day is an opportunity for key retail customers to enjoy incremental sales from the Guinness brand."
The "Great Guinness Pour" Trade Competition will see bar staff judged in state heats nationwide in the lead up to St Patrick's Day with state winners flown to Sydney for the national final on 3 March. The company added that the national champion for the contest will win AU$1759 to symbolise of the year Guinness was established in Ireland.
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Diageo has moved to distance itself from a viral Internet advert for its Guinness beer brand....
Diageo is rolling-out a new marketing programme for its Smirnoff vodka brand in the UK....
Diageo has increased its stake in premium Chinese white spirits company Sichuan Chengdu Quanxing Group....
Cobra Beer has confirmed it is in talks with "several interested parties" with a view to lining up investment in the company....
Pernod Ricard has announced it has completed its €5.69bn acquisition of Absolut vodka owner Vin & Sprit, after receiving the green light from EU competition authorities....
US stock car racer Jamie McMurray is to get behind the wheel of a taxi as part of a campaign with Diageo's Crown Royal Canadian whisky....
Diageo Australia is investing A$400,000 (US$328,000) in Johnnie Walker brand activity for Father's Day....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Boston Beer Co outlines Samuel Adams innovation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends