US: Diageo introduces Smirnoff Source to US
The North American unit said on Friday (11 May) that Smirnoff Source, which has been initially rolled out in the north-east of the US, will target modern adults who are looking for an alternative to domestic beer. The 3.5% abv blend of spring water and alcohol will retail at around US$10 for a 16oz 4-pack.
The Smirnoff Source launch will be supported by a marketing plan including a TV and digital advertising push in July and point-of-sale displays and visuals in stores this month.
"(Smirnoff Source) responds to consumer demand and answers alcohol policy groups' desires to bring a lower-alcohol beer product to the marketplace," said Diageo executive vice president Guy Smith.
The product will be available in 15 north-eastern US states including Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia, New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Washington, DC, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. Source will also begin appearing in nightclubs in Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Miami.
Speaking at an investor conference in London, last month, Diageo said that it intends to reshape and reinvest in its leading brands, reflecting growing trends of individual expression in the consumer market.
On the back of a raft of acquisitions, Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has grown to become a major force in both the Polish and Hungarian spirits markets. Bill Carey, the company's ch...
JP Morgan has started coverage of the European beverage sector, with the bank's top pick being the UK-based brewer SABMiller....
Bacardi is looking to focus on the premium status of its Dewar's Scotch whisky portfolio, with the opening of a new facility in Scotland....
The Boston Beer Company has posted a sharp fall in operating profit for its third quarter, despite a healthy lift in sales....
Davide Campari-Milano is eyeing the whisky category, according to reports....
Diageo Great Britain is looking to unveil what it claims to be the first fully integrated national responsible drinking campaign by a drinks company in the country this week....
Global drinks majors Diageo and Pernod Ricard have slashed the prices on their whiskies ranging from 10-37% depending on the state, expect in Maharashtra....
Following the launch of Blossom Hill, Guestier, Piat d'Or and Barton recently in India, Diageo has introduced its first domestic wine, Nilaya, last week....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages