UK: Diageo in Easter marketing push
Diageo is to launch an Easter marketing campaign around its spirits portfolio in the UK.
Without divulging spend, the company said the push would involve brand-led, above the line investment and in-store cross category activation for the grocery channel.
The initiative is entitled, ‘Perfect Easter, Perfect Choice' and will run across major grocery outlets nationwide. Retailer specific activity will include offers to consumers for the chance to win a GBP50 voucher when they buy any one-litre bottle of Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur or Baileys Flavours, Gordon's gin, Smirnoff vodka or Bell's blended Scotch whisky.
Front of store pallets highlighting the campaign will also feature in outlet and communication will be placed on trolleys across 380 stores. In addition, online activity will run for a week before Easter and TV media will feature in 80 stores. Advertising will also feature outside 200 stores nationwide.
Baileys, the company said, will feature heavily in the campaign. The brand has its second largest sales spike, after Christmas, during the Easter period.
Laura Pearce, shopper marketing manager at Diageo GB, said: "Over Easter, shoppers will be enjoying extra days off work and many will take the opportunity to spend more time socially with their friends and family.
"As such, Easter is a key period for spirits sales and this year's ‘Perfect Easter, Perfect Choice' activity brings together category, retailer and brand investment to create occasionality and drive shoppers into stores. The campaign offers added value and will drive awareness and excitement around spirits for the Easter occasion. As a result, we expect to see added sales uplift across the brands involved."
The Glenmorangie Company is to move into new headquarters in central Edinburgh....
William Grant & Sons' UK distribution, sales and marketing unit, First Drinks, has appointed a new marketing director....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report