GLOBAL: Diageo highlights flavour in latest Johnnie Walker ads
Click through to see one of the ads from Diageo's latest Johnnie Walker push
‘Where Flavour Is King’, which breaks this week, highlights the “array of rich and intense flavours” found in each blend of Johnnie Walker, the company said today (10 September). The outdoor print campaign, an image from which can be seen by clicking through on the picture, right, will be backed by radio ads, promotional materials and social media activation.
“By creating a unique image for each variant of Johnnie Walker whisky, the consumer will be able to make an instant, tangible association with the power and depth of flavour of each blend,” said Gavin Pike, global brand director for Johnnie Walker at Diageo. “For example, our Red Label shot centres around spices and fresh fruit, whereas the Black Label campaign highlights rich fruits and vanilla, with the distinctive Johnnie Walker smoky finish.”
Africa will break the campaign, followed by Australia, Brazil, global travel retail, Russia and Hong Kong later this year. European markets will roll out from July next year.
Financial details behind the move were not disclosed.
There's a seminal moment in the film Manhattan when Woody Allen turns to his girlfriend and says: "Relationships are like sharks: they have to move forwards in order to survive. And what we have on ou...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages