UK: Diageo hands Goldschlager, Myers's to Global Brands
Diageo has handed the sales, distribution and marketing of two of its smaller spirits brands in the UK to Global Brands.
The UK arm of the drinks giant confirmed today (20 February) that independent Global Brands will take over the handling of Goldschlager schnapps and Myers's Jamaican dark rum in the UK market.
The move will allow Global Brands to focus on the smaller Diageo brands, which are overshadowed in the Diageo portfolio by Archer's schnapps and Captain Morgan dark rum in the UK market.
"Goldschlager is a very well recognised brand in the marketplace and there is a huge opportunity for us to grow its market share further," said Global Brands' managing director, Steven Perez. ""Myers's has great distribution outside Great Britain and is already popular with many upmarket on-trade establishments, including lifestyle and cocktail bars and hotels.
"Both brands fit well with our distribution base and also with our continued expansion into the spirit market, as we look to grow our premium range."
Goldschlager and Myers's will sit alongside Danzka and Sobieski vodkas and Ypioca Cachaça in Global Brand's UK portfolio.
Diageo will continue to control production of the two drinks.
Castle Brands cut losses by 16% in the first quarter, thanks to cost savings and a focus on key spirits brands, it has announced....
Guinness brewer Diageo Ireland has strongly denied claims that it is abusing its beer market dominance, as angry farmers marched on the drinks group's Dublin headquarters....
Pernod Ricard has released a summer-based pack offer for its Malibu rum brand in the UK....
Diageo has filed legal action against Chinese drinks firm Blue Blood, accusing the group of copying the packaging design used on Johnnie Walker whisky....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news the world's number one wine group was to reduce its Australian footprint, Coca-Cola has acquired assets in Colombia and Diageo i...
Diageo has unveiled plans to build a bioenergy facility at Scotland's largest distillery, Cameronbridge in Fife....
Stolichnaya vodka is not for sale, but brand owner SPI Group is in negotiations to form new distribution agreements in key markets, minority shareholder Andrey Skurikhin has told just-drinks....
Thirty five of the world's 100 largest-selling spirits brands by volume are Asian, according to new research....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- This week in spirits & wine
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts