GLOBAL: Diageo GTME hires Saatchi for global campaigns
Diageo links up with Saatchi & Saatchi
Diageo Global Travel and Middle East (GTME) has appointed branding agency Saatchi & Saatchi X to handle its retail campaigns in airports, border shops, ferries and cruise ships.
Saatchi & Saatchi X will initially work on Smirnoff vodka, creating advertising and staging in-store sampling and promotions.
Diageo GTME marketing director Ellie Martin said: "The global travel retail environment presents a significant opportunity for Diageo. This appointment proves that we are willing to invest in the best possible work for this market.
"Saatchi & Saatchi X has an unrivalled understanding of shoppers around the world, but what really impressed us was the strength of its creative work, which will represent a real step change in our creative output.”
Diageo declined to comment to just-drinks on who handled the account previously or why it has changed agencies.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015