GLOBAL: Diageo GTME hires Saatchi for global campaigns
Diageo links up with Saatchi & Saatchi
Diageo Global Travel and Middle East (GTME) has appointed branding agency Saatchi & Saatchi X to handle its retail campaigns in airports, border shops, ferries and cruise ships.
Saatchi & Saatchi X will initially work on Smirnoff vodka, creating advertising and staging in-store sampling and promotions.
Diageo GTME marketing director Ellie Martin said: "The global travel retail environment presents a significant opportunity for Diageo. This appointment proves that we are willing to invest in the best possible work for this market.
"Saatchi & Saatchi X has an unrivalled understanding of shoppers around the world, but what really impressed us was the strength of its creative work, which will represent a real step change in our creative output.”
Diageo declined to comment to just-drinks on who handled the account previously or why it has changed agencies.
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Corby's FY suffers from US focus
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research