GLOBAL: Diageo GTME hires Saatchi for global campaigns
Diageo links up with Saatchi & Saatchi
Diageo Global Travel and Middle East (GTME) has appointed branding agency Saatchi & Saatchi X to handle its retail campaigns in airports, border shops, ferries and cruise ships.
Saatchi & Saatchi X will initially work on Smirnoff vodka, creating advertising and staging in-store sampling and promotions.
Diageo GTME marketing director Ellie Martin said: "The global travel retail environment presents a significant opportunity for Diageo. This appointment proves that we are willing to invest in the best possible work for this market.
"Saatchi & Saatchi X has an unrivalled understanding of shoppers around the world, but what really impressed us was the strength of its creative work, which will represent a real step change in our creative output.”
Diageo declined to comment to just-drinks on who handled the account previously or why it has changed agencies.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014