GLOBAL: Diageo GTME hires Saatchi for global campaigns
Diageo links up with Saatchi & Saatchi
Diageo Global Travel and Middle East (GTME) has appointed branding agency Saatchi & Saatchi X to handle its retail campaigns in airports, border shops, ferries and cruise ships.
Saatchi & Saatchi X will initially work on Smirnoff vodka, creating advertising and staging in-store sampling and promotions.
Diageo GTME marketing director Ellie Martin said: "The global travel retail environment presents a significant opportunity for Diageo. This appointment proves that we are willing to invest in the best possible work for this market.
"Saatchi & Saatchi X has an unrivalled understanding of shoppers around the world, but what really impressed us was the strength of its creative work, which will represent a real step change in our creative output.”
Diageo declined to comment to just-drinks on who handled the account previously or why it has changed agencies.
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push