UK: Diageo goes all black for rugby in UK
The company said today (16 August) that it plans to invest over GBP6m in a campaign including rugby-themed advertising and in-bar point-of-sale kits, in an effort to drive sales of Guinness during the rugby-watching season.
The new advertising campaign, entitled Seconds from Greatness, will launch across TV, press and digital media beginning this month and running through until October.
Over 15,000 pubs will receive Guinness-branded visibility kits with bar runners, bunting and drip mats, to help promote live rugby in their outlet. Various pub kits will give customers the chance to win Guinness-branded rugby gear, as well as being entered into a prize draw to win a VIP rugby trip to Twickenham.
Diageo GB Guinness senior band manager Louise Curran said: "With the World Cup and Guinness Premiership kicking off in September, the sport's popularity will be at one of its highest levels. This gives licensees a great opportunity to get their Guinness-and-rugby branded merchandise on display, put live rugby on TV and of course boost their Guinness sales by serving quality pints of the black stuff."
Premium and super-premium brands have been important drivers in the growing vodka category for some time but among the key trends forecast in a recent report on the vodka market from just-drinks is th...
In acquiring 50%-ownership and global distribution rights to premium vodka brand Ketel One Diageo confirmed its withdrawal from the auction for Absolut. Moreover, writes Ben Cooper, the move for Ketel...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD) and the European Spirits Organisation (CEPS) have joined forces....
Diageo has conceded that it made a "mistake" in South Korea, but maintains that the future still looks promising for its operations in Asia Pacific....
Diageo has posted a healthy lift in both sales and profit for the first half of its current financial year....
Vin & Sprit has shrugged off reports that the Swedish state exaggerated its prospective results in a prospectus used to promote the sale of the company....
Diageo has declared its sensible drinking campaign in the UK a success....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts