UK: Diageo gives Vanilla Smirnoff UK ad push
Click through to view the outdoor ad for Diageo's Vanilla Smirnoff in the UK
The company, which launched Vanilla Smirnoff in the country last year, said earlier today (21 February) that it will spend GBP1m (US$1.6m) on the outdoor push, set to break this month. The nation-wide ads will carry the tagline “New Vanilla Smirnoff… Mix it with cola”.
“Vanilla Smirnoff’s performance … has exceeded our expectations with awareness levels as high as those of Blueberry Smirnoff,” said Joanna Andrews, Diageo's brand manager for Smirnoff Flavours in Western Europe. “We continue to invest behind innovation because we want to maintain the interest around the different flavours.”
Smirnoff's flavoured vodka range also includes Lime Smirnoff, Green Apple Smirnoff and Blueberry Smirnoff.
How do you define a truly international brand? And does it matter. Can it be decided purely on volumes? Patience Gould digs out her atlas as she ponders the issue...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research