GLOBAL: Diageo gives Tanqueray London Dry global push
The push, entitled ‘Tonight We Tanqueray’, will consist of fashion, film and music platforms and will roll out across the US, the UK, Spain and Greece, Diageo said late last week. The company intends to spend around GBP15m (US$24.1m) on the campaign in the US, the UK and Spain.
Fronting the campaign are singers Aloe Blacc and Karen Elson, and actors Idris Elba and Michael Pitt. All four have contributed “exclusive content” to be rolled out over the next year and will also take part in a number of fashion, film and music events for Tanqueray. They will also feature in an above-the-line campaign, shot by photographer Tom Munro.
The campaign will last throughout this year through a series of events and digital activities. “Lifestyle partnerships” have also been signed with GQ magazine in the UK and with Esquire magazine in the US.
Footage from a recent event to mark the launch of the campaign can be viewed below.
Late last year, Olly Wehring visited New York with Diageo, and sat down with the company's head of Africa, Nick Blazquez, for an hour. Earlier today (10 January), Diageo completed its purchase of Meta...
Ten years on and the legacy of Pernod Ricard and Diageo's carve-up of Seagram is still being felt....
Diageo is to press ahead with a scaled-down restructuring of its brewing operations in Ireland by spending EUR153m (US$195m) to rejuvenate St James's Gate and announcing plans to close its Dundalk and...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer