GLOBAL: Diageo gives Talisker first global ad campaign
Click again to see one of the new Talisker adverts
Diageo has launched a global marketing push for its Talisker single malt Scotch whisky brand.
The campaign, which is Talisker's first global activity, will play on the brand's maritime associations, and will feature photos by French marine photographer Jean Guichard. Entitled 'Made by the Sea', the campaign was launched in the UK in October with a marketing spend of GBP1.6m (US$2.5m) for the coming year, Diageo said today (27 October).
The theme is the basis of a long-term marketing campaign, Diageo said, different elements of which are being deployed in markets around the world, including the UK, France, Northern Europe and Japan. The ads will be supported by developments on a digital engagement platform, plus point of sale, PR and gifting offerings.
Last year Talisker sold 110,000 cases.
In this month's management briefing, Richard Woodard turns the spotlight on to the troublesome European markets of Greece, Ireland, Portugal and Spain. Coined unflatteringly, the PIGS, these four mark...
Following on from his introduction to the woes of the PIGS markets, the first part of this month's management briefing sees Richard Woodard focus more sharply on Spain and Portugal....
The second part of this month's management briefing, looking at the markets of Greece, Ireland, Portugal and Spain, sees RIchard Woodard look at the situation in Ireland....
Diageo is set to run a golf tournament in the US for the Ketel One vodka brand....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research